Indulge your taste buds in a culinary journey with this delightful recipe for Grilled salmon accompanied by a vibrant Cambodian mango sauce. This fusion dish combines the succulence of perfectly grilled halibut with the exotic flavors of a traditional Cambodian sauce, creating a symphony of tastes that will transport you to the heart of Southeast Asia.
- Salmon fillets (about 6-8 ounces each)
- Olive oil
- fresh lime
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and Kampot black pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs (such as dill, parsley, green peppercorns or thyme) for garnish
- Cambodian mango sauce
1. Season salmon with kosher salt on both sides and place, flesh side up, in a casserole dish deep enough to hold the marinade Make the marinade. In a bowl, add extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, mint, garlic, spices, dijon mustard, honey and salt. Whisk to combine.
2. Pour marinade over the salmon and let sit in room temperature for 20 minutes (or, if you have the time, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.)
3. Heat an outdoor gas grill on high (grill is ready when you can hold your hand one inch above the grates for only 1 to 2 seconds). Make sure grates are generously oiled (this is important so that the salmon does not stick.)
4. Arrange salmon fillets on hot grill, flesh side down first (this way, they'll get some nice grill marks while the fish is still firm.) Close the grill lid. Cook 1-3 minutes on the first side, depending on how thick the fillets are. DO NOT move the salmon fillets until you are ready to turn them over.
5. Look for grill marks on the fish, and where the fish is closest to the grill, you should see a small layer of opaque (cooked) flesh. Using tongs and a metal spatula, carefully turn the fish over so it is now skin-side down. Now, turn heat down to medium. Close the grill lid. Cook for another 2-5 minutes, again depending on the thickness of the fillets. Salmon is ready when it is barely opaque throughout. Cook low heat 2 -3 minutes for zucchini, carrot and asparagus
4. Pour Cambodian mango sauce on the plate and remove from the grill and serve with the mango sauce